Recipe: Japanese Fruit Sando
The iconic Japanese squishy strawberry sando can be yours, no plane ride to Japan needed!
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 1)
2 slices white bread
3/4 cup whipped cream.
1/2 tsp sugar (mixed into whipped cream).
6 - 9 strawberries, washed, dried and trimmed
(Fruit alternative) 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
(Fruit alternative) 1 mango cheek, peeled and sliced
- Cut the crust off bread.
- Butter a layer of whipped cream on one slice.
- Top the slice with fruit. Be sure to align with the edges.
- Butter the second slice of bread with cream and place cream side down over the fruit.
- Add whipped cream in spaces around the edges (if needed), wrap and chill in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Unwrap, slice in half, take a photo and enjoy.