Recipe: Foolproof Pavlova
Searching for a showstopper dessert but don't have the skills of a young Mary Berry? This simple & foolproof pavlova recipe will wow your guests and leave them asking "HOW DO THEY DO IT?!" with every bite. Get that twinkly eyed "Oh this? It's a family recipe" feeling with these simple steps.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 12)
For the pavlova:
4 egg whites
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2 tbsp boiling water
1 tsp vinegar (malt or white vinegar)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4-1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbs caster sugar.
Favourite Fruit (suggest berries, mango, kiwi, passionfruit)
- Pre-heat oven to 140C. In a super clean and dry mixing bowl, put 4 egg whites, caster sugar, boiling water, vinegar & vanilla essence into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 10 minutes.
- Once mixture is thick, glossy & smooth, heap it onto a greased baking tray in the shape of your desires (suggest the OG round or MVP rectangle) and bake at 140C for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 120C and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave your pav in there for 1 hour before taking it out and setting onto a cooling rack to chill further.
- While your pav chills, whip cream, sugar and a vanilla in a bowl until thick & stiff peaks hold. Wash & prep your fruit.
- Gently slide your pav to a serving tray, plate or board. Top with whipped cream and decorate with fruit and garnish with mint before showing your friends & fam that you're now queen or king of the pav.