Recipe: Chicken Taco Tortilla
Yet another TikTok recipe that's making headlines! This one involves a simple hack that turns your tortilla into a folded, layered wrap giving you a perfect bite every time. Crispy, cheesy, and stuffed with toppings. Who could say no?
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
4 large tortillas
1/4 cup. sour cream
1 tbsp. hot sauce
2 cups. shredded cooked chicken
1 cup. shredded lettuce
1/4 cup. salsa
1 avocado, smashed
1 cup. shredded cheese (tasty or cheddar)
Olive oil spray or 1tsp olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper or your favourite seasonings, place on a tray and bake for 30 - 45 minutes (or until juice run clear). Set aside to cool.
- Take your tortilla and lightly mark it into 4 quarters with a knife. Following your guidelines, cut a slit in the tortilla from the very center down toward the edge. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and hot sauce. Shred your chicken.
- Spread some of the sour cream mixture in the bottom left corner and top with some of the shredded chicken. Place some of the lettuce above the chicken in the top left and top with some of the salsa. Spread some of the mashed avocado next to the lettuce in the top right, then place cheese in the bottom right.
- Fold the chicken quadrant up over the lettuce, then fold over the avocado, and finally fold down over the cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and grease with olive oil spray. Place tortilla in skillet and cook until golden and crispy, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Press with a spatula to help flatten and seal the wrap together.