Recipe: Baked Cheese Pasta
The Tiktok-trending Baked Cheese Pasta recipe is the perfect fuss-free weeknight dinner idea. Using only a handful of ingredients, this is a super quick and easy recipe to whip up in no time.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 6)
450g cherry tomatoes
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
225g block feta cheese
½ teaspoon chili flakes
225g dried penne pasta
3 garlic cloves minced or 2 tsp minced garlic
1 teaspoon granulated sugar optional
¼ cup fresh herbs (washed and chopped).
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a baking dish, add the cherry tomatoes and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything through to coat.
2. Create a space and place your feta block in the center of baking dish. Drizzle more olive oil on top, and season with crushed chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, once cherry tomatoes have softened and burst. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water following packet instructions til al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water and then drain pasta.
4. Remove the dish from the oven. The feta should be really soft (if not, bake it a little longer). While hot, add minced garlic and chopped fresh herbs and
using a spoon or fork, mix the cheese with everything in the pan, lightly mashing the cherry tomatoes in. Taste and adjust seasoning and add sugar if needed.
6. Add in the cooked pasta, and mix until everything is combined and pasta is well coated. Use the reserved pasta cooking water to loosen the mix as needed.
7. Garnish with extra chopped fresh herbs, and serve warm.